Sunday, February 21, 2010

20 miler? Check!

I spent the weekend in Columbus, OH, visiting family and friends. I was supposed to do my 20 mile run around the Westerville area with my friend Amy, but she is unfortunately injured at the moment :(. So instead, I headed to Sharon Woods. My mom came along and walked while I ran (not the whole time, she walked for about an hour and a half and then sat in the car and read the rest of the time). Sharon Woods is a 3.8 mile loop, if you don't include running on the nature trails, which was basically impossible due to the insane amount of snow that was on the ground! So I ran 5 laps, and then ran an additional 1 mile to make my even 20. According to my training schedule, I was supposed to aim for 9:12 pace. I ended up running at 8:51 pace! I felt GREAT!!!!! :) This morning I was a little sore, but I went for an hour walk with Amy this morning and I feel just fine!!!! :D

This workout was a definite confidence booster! The entire time I ran, I visualized myself at the Earth Day Challenge Marathon. I truly feel that this is my time. I just need to stay healthy and injury-free, and I will get my BQ!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment