Sunday, February 28, 2010

Last Chance for Boston Half Marathon

Today I raced the Last Chance for Boston Half Marathon. When I am training for 26.2, I like to run a Half Marathon at some point to test my level of fitness. I hadn't really thought about a goal before today, other than just running at a comfortable and consistent pace. I was nervous because the last couple of days I have experienced some shin splints in my left leg, and was debating on whether I should just take the day off or not. I chose to go ahead and race and was pleased with the results.

My splits:
Mile 1.1 - 7:44
Mile 2 - 7:28
Mile 3 - 7:42
Mile 4 - 7:47
Mile 5- 7:56
Mile 6 - 8:02
Mile 7 - 7:55
Mile 8 - 7:56
Mile 9 - 7:46
Mile 10 - 7:45
Mile 11 - 7:24
Mile 12 - 7:28
Mile 13 - 7:07

Final time: 1:40:07, Pace: 7:39

I was disappointed with mile 6, the course was especially congested at this point and I kept getting stuck behind groups of people. My pace was thrown-off for sure, and I was pretty frustrated, but I recovered and finished strong. The LCFB is a 1-mile loop, races can choose to walk or run either: 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Full Marathon, or a Marathon Relay. I was bummed that I didn't break 1:40, but it was my second fastest 13.1!!! I was the fourth overall female, and first in my age group! Whoop!

After my race and cool-down, I refueled at Serendipity (http://www.myspace.com/serendipityicecream) with my mom, yum! If you enjoy paninis, and are ever in the Westerville, Ohio area, this place is for you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment