Sunday, February 21, 2010

22nd Annual Chili Bowl Classic 5K

On Friday February 13th, I raced in the Chili Bowl 5K. I wanted just to test my speed and gauge my fitness level. It was a very cold and windy day in Cleveland, not to mention the race course was covered in a nice layer of slush and even had ice in some spots. This course was not exactly the flattest I have ever seen either. It was kind of scary, especially at the start. It was quite the challenge, attempting to run a fast pace, but to also be cautious and maintain my footing. I surprised myself and finished in a swift 21:14!!!! I won my age group, and I believe I was 6th overall female. Not too shabby!!!! :D

The next day, I went out for an 18 miler. OUCH! My hip-flexors HATED me! But I got through the run at 9:00 pace, and was very grateful to spend the rest of my Valentine's day going out for a chocolate chip pancake breakfast, and an afternoon movie with my hubby. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment