Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fuel of Choice...

When I first began running marathons, I was completely oblivious to all of the various nutrition products available. I thought that all I needed was some water and maybe some gatorade...boy was I wrong! I didn't realize during training for my first marathon that I actually would have to eat something while running, that was such a strange concept to me! After many failed experiments with food and nutrition products such Clif Shots, Clif Shot Blok, Jelly Belly Sport Beans (all of which gave me severe GI distress), I stumbled upon the GU line of products. I have yet to have a negative experience with any of the flavors of GU. My favorites are Mint Chocolate, Vanilla and Sublime Lime. It is important to experiment with food and hydration products throughout the duration of your marathon training so that you can find what works best for you, you don't want to try a brand new product on race day...TRUST ME! :)
http://www.guenergy.com/products/gu-energy-gel

No comments:

Post a Comment